Thursday, October 18, 2012

#31-#33

Cabin Fever 2 (2009)

  • Sequel to Eli Roth's feature debut of the same name. I loved the original, but was not impressed by this one directed by Ti West
  • Plenty of gross out gore and some TnA. I thought the gore was excessive and didn't add to the story. More shock value than anything.
  • Didn't care about the characters in this one. The story didn't matter as much, and too much was attempted to be wrapped up in the animated scenes.
  • Brief cameo by Rider Strong, who I loved in the first one. Also, Giuseppe Andrews repeats his Deputy Winston role. He was enjoyable.
  • All in all, might be fun to watch with a group and be rowdy. Not one that I will be revisiting though.

White Noise 2: The Light (2007)

  • Another sequel, however, this was more to capitalize on the name than it having much to do with the first movie.
  • Nathan Fillion stars as a husband who loses his wife and child, tries to kill himself, then has a Near Death Experience. This let's him see who is about to die.
  • I liked the twists and turns that this one took. Layered and interesting.
  • The ending was a little shaky, but didn't detract too much.
  • Looking at the main character objectively, he sort of sucks, which is an interesting twist.

The Sentinel (1977)

  • This one was a surprise. I really enjoyed it. Thanks to Pablo for the recommendation. 
  • The cast is a veritable who's who of modern stars.
  • Strong story and acting really help this one stand out.
  • Very creepy demons. I can't believe they went the Freaks route and had actual disfigured people. Freaked me out. 
  • I was a little confused at the end, but again, didn't really matter.

No comments: