Thursday, November 01, 2012

#50!!!

Trick or Treat (1986)

  • A fan performs a ritual to bring back his dead rock idol. Then things get out of hand when the risen rocker begins a killing spree.
  • Lots of '80's commentary on music censorship. Many references to hidden backwards messages in metal songs. Ozzy Osbourne even plays a reverend who is speaking out against the evils of rock and roll.
  • Producer Dino De Laurentiis wanted this film to be the first in a long series of sequels, just like the other money making horror franchises of the time. This one didn't quite make it though.
  • The gore is minimal, with most of the kills involving kids getting zapped by magical electricity, then just disappearing.
  • I was pumped to see this one based on the cameos and premise. Honestly, I was pretty let down.


Well folks, I made it. I was able to watch movie #50 on Halloween. I really enjoyed this challenge, as it got me to watch a lot of movies that I had been meaning to check out. It also forced me to find a lot of new ones I ended up liking a lot. Much to my wife's horror, this may be a yearly tradition. Happy All Saints Day!

No comments: