Monday, September 17, 2012

#8

The Gate (1987)

  • What a gem! I love this movie. Great one for young teens.
  • The demons are really neat. Nice mix of stop motion (which I love) and live action midgets in suits (which I also love)
  • A young  Stephen Dorff as Glen. All the characters here are likable, and relate able. Even Terry, the little punk, turns out to have a heart of gold.
  • A little confused by the eye in the palm of the hand, but the plot here is great otherwise.
  • Great depiction of '80's brother/sister relationship. Also, good lesson in gun safety.

1 comment:

Pablo Diablobeck said...

I saw this movie as a kid, home alone, on whatever the mid-90's equivalent of the WB station was in northwestern Ohio. It scared the hell out of me. Today I can watch without being scared, but I still appreciate those scenes that scared a junior horror geek.